Withdrawing from Courses

After the official drop period has closed, an instructor may permit a student to withdraw from his/her course. The course remains on the student's academic record, however, with a mark indicating the withdrawal.

The marks that indicate withdrawal may vary from division to division. See the individual grade schemes for specific marks.

If students want to withdraw after the official drop period has ended, instructors must submit an approved "withdrawal form" to the Registrar's Office.

The Registrar's Office posts withdrawal marks to students' records before producing grade rosters. The student's withdrawal is indicated on the grade roster.

Return to Grading