SRS has facilities for managing classroom space for both scheduled
classes and special events. Besides scheduling functions, the room
management facility has detailed room data and on-line search
capabilities. Below is the classroom management process:
- A classroom inventory is taken by the Office of the University Registrar to determine the type, capacity and special features of all of the classrooms scheduled by the Registrar.
- The data collected from the classroom inventory is maintained on-line through the Classroom Profile Screen 1C5. This data includes room types and capacities, special features and equipment, and scheduling search restrictions.
- Every term, classrooms are scheduled for course sections using the Section Meeting Schedule Screen 130. Classroom Schedule Request Screen 1C6 is used for special events.
- Special Events can be located on Screen 1C9 by doing a search using letter(s) and/or dates.
- Throughout the term, classroom usage can be viewed and monitored on-line through the Classroom Usage Screen 1C7 and Classroom Weekly Usage display Screen 1C8. Screen 1C7 lists all classes and specials booked into a specific building and room. Screen 1C8 give a graphic representation of all classes and specials held in a certain room on a weekly basis.
Return to Classroom